When the revenues and profits are in distress there are a few routes you can take such as cutting costs, improving the efficiency of your operations, or carving out parts of your business that are under performing.
Also, following a merger or acquisition, you might need to ensure a smooth transition to your new operational model, reduce costs, manage risks, and leverage resources more efficiently for optimal performance and profitability. You could also be getting your business into a lean operating model prior to an exit or divestment to maximise the value.
We deploy our COMU (Cost Out Margin Up) framework to help businesses to:
- Identify carve-out and transitional support costs as well as expected returns from any deals - get the best value for your assets
- Assess and formulate turnaround and change plans
- Assess budgets and financial baselines
- Improve cash forecasting, management, and monitor liquidity
- Target ‘quick wins’ in working capital improvements or other cash generation activities
- Formulate and implement realistic cost saving plans
- Put in place programme governance to support the delivery of turnaround projects
- Negotiate with external stakeholders
- Assess and restructure terms with your suppliers.
We have vast experience in delivering great impact and outcomes for clients across many industry sectors.